ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject So, when do we expect a 1.5 beta?
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 00:37:43 GMT
Hi, all.

I note more and more often, people are being told to "use the current
CVS code."  This makes good sense, given how far the nightly has come
from 1.4.1.  It has at least two features that I want, at least, and I
expect I am far from alone.

That said, it is often easier to sell a development team on a version
that is already packaged, like a beta drop would be.  If nothing else,
it avoids me having to tell the rest of the team "well first, grab the
source, then build the optional jar, making sure your classpath
contains..."  This is not a big deal, but it is big enough to slow
adoption.

So, is there any feeling on the size of the "must fix before beta" list?

Scott