ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <DDevie...@lgc.com>
Subject RE: Tool to find unused methods
Date Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:11:09 GMT
I remember there's a Java tools with an ANT wrapper that can generate a JAR
file with only the pieces needed by an application. You give it a few
starting classes, and it finds and adds to the JAR all the dependent
classes. I believe it's on sourceforge, but I can't remember its name. It's
the closest I can think of your problem. The granularity is at the class
level, since concerns itself with generating JARs, but maybe it can be used
at the method level???

Also, you might use Jakarta's BCEL to parse class files, including the code
of methods.

Something you might try is to use javap.exe to convert the class file in
ASCII, and grep/seach it!?!?!?

I hope this helps. --DD