ant-user mailing list archives

From Scott Ellsworth <sc...@alodar.com>
Subject Re: Using Main-Class and Class-Path in a manifest file
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:37:35 GMT

On Tuesday, March 12, 2002, at 04:03  PM, Todd Wilson wrote:

> I think the answer to your question is "yes."  Check out the JAR spec
> for more on this: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/jar/jar.html.

Hmmm.  My reading was that jars inside jars were not explicitly
supported, and that which is not explicitly supported rarely works with
Sun tools.  :-(.  To wit: "The value of this attribute specifies the
relative URLs of the extensions or libraries that this application or
extension needs" would imply that it would search the filesystem, given
that it is using a URL.