ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lister, Tom (ANTS)" <tom.lis...@ants.co.uk>
Subject RE: ANT vss get - Problems with retrieving writable files
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2002 16:16:29 GMT
This is where I came in..
My problem then is that the Ant copy removes the write protection on the
files.

My ultimate aim here to to fetch up to date source into mywork area as
read-only so that it will only
be changed it we specifically fetch it out.

it would solve my problem if I could set failonerror="no" for vssget but it
has not such property --yet..

-----Original Message-----
From: John Volkar [mailto:jvolkar@etransport.com]
Sent: 05 March 2002 15:13
To: Ant Users List
Subject: RE: ANT vss get - Problems with retrieving writable files

Search the archives of this mailing list.
This is a known problem area.
It is NOT an ant problem, but rather a limitation due to the ss.exe command
line interface.

If you do a get to a location where you have files CHECKED OUT ss.exe
returns a non-zero exit code thus failing the
vssget task.  (There are other issues too, but I suspect from your emails
that this is your real problem.)

The only solution that I've enoutered (and I use) is to perform the gets to
a scratch area that I erase before the get, and then either do the build in
the scratch area, or selectivly copy from the scratch area over to my normal
working area.

Hope this helps.

(The archives have more commentary on this topic.)

John Volkar