ant-user mailing list archives

From "Broderick, Kevin" <kevin.broder...@iona.com>
Subject RE: redirecting output to a file?
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 14:02:09 GMT
As far as I know you need to put the ant tag in a target:
<target name="example">
	<ant>.....
	</ant>
</target>

-----Original Message-----
From: stephan beal [mailto:stephan@einsurance.de]
Sent: 13 March 2002 14:00
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: redirecting output to a file?

Hello again,

i'm trying to redirect all build output to a file. No problem - this is
covered by the <ant> tag. However, i can't, for the life of me, figure
out
the proper use of that tag. i've tried it in my <project> block, and
then get:
/home/stephan/cvs/einsurance/build.xml:8: Unexpected element "ant"

i've tried it outside my <project> block:
/home/stephan/cvs/einsurance/build.xml:6: Config file is not of expected
XML
type
(okay, i didn't expect that one to work, anyway)

i've tried it inside my init target:
init:
init:
init:
... (endless loop, and i understand why)

What is the proper way of redirecting ant output to a file, without
having to
do:

ant | tee ant.log
???

i'm surprised that this isn't part of the <project> or <target> tags.

Many thanks in advance,

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
"Unix: the shell is your oyster."