ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kairam, Raj" <Kair...@coned.com>
Subject Web Client problem in J2EE
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 21:25:50 GMT
I am trying to learn from and test a sample Web Client 'converter'  in the
J2EE environment. I was able to use 'ant'.
The Tutorial Bundle was downloaded from
http://java.sun.com/j2ee/download.html to F:\j2eetutorial
The following code samples are in F:\j2eetutorial\examples\src\ejb\converter
Converter.java
ConverterBean.java
ConverterClient.java
ConverterHome.java
index.jsp
index.txt
ConverterAppClient.jar
ConverterApp.ear

The following classes are in the
F:\j2eetutorial\examples\build\ejb\converter after compilation
Converter.class
ConverterBean.class
ConverterClient.class
ConverterHome.class
index.jsp

The environment variables have been set as follows
JAVA_HOME=F:\j2sdk1.4.0-rc
J2EE_HOME=F:\j2sdkee1.3.1
ANT_HOME=F:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1
The path variable contains
F:\j2sdk1.4.0-rc\bin;F:\j2sdkee1.3.1\bin;F:\jakarta-ant-1.4.1\bin

I start the j2ee server ( with -verbose ) and see the following on the
screen
J2EE server listen port : 1050
Naming Service started : 1050
Binding DataSource, name = jdbc/DB2, url =
jdbc:cloudscape:rmi:CloudscapeDB;create = true
Starting JMS service
Initialization complete - waiting for client requests
Binding: < JMS Destination : jms/Queue , javax.jms.Queue >
Starting web service at port: 7000
J2EE SDK/1.3.1
Starting secure web service at port: 9191
J2EE SDK/1.3.1
J2EE server startup complete.
Compiling
F:\j2sdkee1.3.1\repository\m020-0075342\gnrtrTMP\ConverterAPP\ConverterBean_
RemoteHomeImpl.java ....
rmic ConverterBean_RemoteHomeImpl...
Application ConverterApp deployed

Following the instructions, I was able to compile the Web Client, package,
specify Web Client's Enterprise Bean Reference and specify JNDI Names.

However, when I run the Web client, on the same host, I get the following
error.
http://localhost:8000/converter
" You are not authorized to view this page"
http://158.57.76.36:8000/converter
"J2EE SDK/1.3.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /converter"
"type Status report"
"message /converter"
"description The requested resource(/converter) is not available"

The web.properties file has http.port=8000
The orb.properties file has port=1050

Any one who has tried this sample tutorial from Sun on the new J2EE Platform
can help, please ?.
Thanks
Raj