ant-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Shelby <>
Subject Re: Recursive javadoc
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:41:36 GMT
Yiu Wing wrote:
> Hello all,
> How can I tell ant to pick all the files in my subdirectories for javadoc?
> I've tried
> packagenames="${src}/**/*.java",
> but ant says
> [javadoc] javadoc: No package, class, or source file found named
> src/**/*.java.
> I've also tried to a couple of google search, but there seem to be no
> satisfactory answer for this.

well, your packages by name have no understanding or relation to the
${src} directory whereever it is, nor do they understand what a .java
file is.

There are two ways you can do this.

1) use the wildcard function from your top-level packages,
packagenames="com.*,org.*" etc...

this requires you to at least know what top-level packages you
have, and if that's a lot, then this solution ain't the greatest.
but if its only "com.*" then its real simple.

2) use the plistgen task I wrote to do the searching from top-down
regardless of the top-level package names.

This is covered in my article recently published by

Joseph Shelby
45533 Stablemates Ct.
Sterling, VA  20164                          (703) 404-0314 | 247-7868
          Software Engineer, ISX Corporation, Arlington, VA
"The people of England will permit anything...except cruelty to horses
and a rise in the price of beer."  -- Return of the Musketteers (1989)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message