ant-user mailing list archives

From Todd Wilson <todd_wil...@byu.edu>
Subject Re: Using Main-Class and Class-Path in a manifest file
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 22:04:55 GMT
Thanks for your response, Ylan.  That is, indeed, a space.  The JAR spec
dictates that individual paths need to be separated by one or more
spaces (see
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/jar/jar.html#JAR%20Manifest for
more info), so in our case we're designating the current directory as
the first path to search, and ./lib/log4j.jar as the second.  We
actually did try removing that period and space to see if it made a
difference, and, unfortunately, it doesn't.

In regard to your observation related to log4j, you might notice in the
source code in the main method that we're being lazy and simply
initializing log4j with

BasicConfigurator.configure();

rather than bothering with a configuration file.

Todd