ant-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Shelby <acroy...@io.com>
Subject Re: javac complaining about missing packages/classes
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 18:19:16 GMT
otisg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm having trouble getting working here.
> It's complaining that I'm not specifying any packages nor classes:
>
> [javadoc] Generating Javadoc
> [javadoc] Javadoc execution
> [javadoc] usage: javadoc [options] [packagenames] [sourcefiles]
> [classnames] [@files]
> [javadoc] javadoc: No packages or classes specified.
>
> However, I believe I am specifying them:
>
> sourcepath="${build.src}"
> destdir="${build.javadoc}"
> packagenames="com.*"
>
> Am I missing something else?
> No other parameters are required, I just checked the manual.

javadoc and packagenames don't take wildcards and don't do recursion.
you have to specify all packages individually, either in the packagenames
attribute or in an external file.

my next article on ant for onjava.com that should be out within the
month will have an ant task that will generate your packagelist file
for you by recursing down your src tree and adding a line for each
directory that has a .java file in it.  hopefully that should be published
by them by the end of march, but it may have to wait until the middle of
april.  out of respect for them, i can't release the task definition source
until its published, but once it is, i'll see what i can do to follow up
on it and see if i can make it available to the ant community as a whole
as an optional built-in task.

Joe
Joseph Shelby                                   mailto:acroyear@io.com
5809 Chase Commons Ct. #201                http://www.io.com/~acroyear
Burke, VA  22015                             (703) 323-7121 | 247-7868
          Software Engineer, ISX Corporation, Arlington, VA
"The people of England will permit anything...except cruelty to horses
and a rise in the price of beer."  -- Return of the Musketteers (1989)