ant-user mailing list archives

From Niall Smart <>
Subject Re: javac task
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:04:53 GMT

> if you have two files that represent the same package/class, but do
> two different things, why haven't you used proper OOP techniques and
> refactored them into two independent classes implementing a specified
> interface (with perhaps an abstract class to derive from)?

I am interfacing to third party software that requires that plugins use
a specific class name.  I wish to provide two behaviours for this
plugin, unfortunately due to the limitations of the design chosen by the
vendor the only way I can do this is by either packaging two jars with
different classes in them, or by using a proxy object which delegates to
one of the classes which provides the required behaviour.  The first
option is actually more desirable in these particular circumstances for
code size reasons.

Niall Smart
Rococo Software
9-11 Upper Baggot St.