ant-user mailing list archives

From Niall Smart <niall.sm...@rococosoft.com>
Subject Re: javac task
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:04:53 GMT

> if you have two files that represent the same package/class, but do
> two different things, why haven't you used proper OOP techniques and
> refactored them into two independent classes implementing a specified
> interface (with perhaps an abstract class to derive from)?

I am interfacing to third party software that requires that plugins use
a specific class name.  I wish to provide two behaviours for this
plugin, unfortunately due to the limitations of the design chosen by the
vendor the only way I can do this is by either packaging two jars with
different classes in them, or by using a proxy object which delegates to
one of the classes which provides the required behaviour.  The first
option is actually more desirable in these particular circumstances for
code size reasons.

Niall

--
Niall Smart