ant-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Shelby <>
Subject Re: javadocs broken
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:29:55 GMT
Jon Skeet wrote:
> > I was creating the javadocs for the xerces 2.0.1, but it
> > seems to be broken. I keep on getting a "-locale should be
> > first argument to javadoc tool". Am i doing something wrong
> > or is it a javadoc bug?
> > Im running jdk1.4
> Which version of Ant are you using? What does the snippet of build.xml which
> builds the JavaDoc look like?

also, what reference variables/properties are you using?

I found that javadoc failed for me if i ended up with for whatever
reason a sourcepath or classpath that had no elements in it, because
it put them in the "-sourcepath" parameter, but with nothing there the
javadoc line looked something like "-sourcepath   -protected", which
of course barfs because "-protected" isn't the name of a directory.

Joseph Shelby
5809 Chase Commons Ct. #201
Burke, VA  22015                             (703) 323-7121 | 247-7868
          Software Engineer, ISX Corporation, Arlington, VA
"The people of England will permit anything...except cruelty to horses
and a rise in the price of beer."  -- Return of the Musketteers (1989)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message