ant-user mailing list archives

From James Adams <>
Subject Can't find java/lang/Object
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 23:00:50 GMT
I have just reinstalled ant-1.4.1 on my machine which is a PC that was
recently upgraded from Red Hat 7.1 to 7.2.

Ant apparently can't find the Java classes.

I have Java installed under /usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0 and my $JAVA_HOME is
set to this directory.

When I run ant I get the following message:

Couldn't find or load essential class `java/lang/Object'
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError java/lang/Object
/usr/bin/ant: line 89: 19353 Aborted                 $JAVA_CMD

I am using a build.xml file which worked with a previous installation of

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.  It would be helpful if
you can Cc: any replies to

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message