ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tstamp Test Files
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 18:41:22 GMT
--- Yiu Wing <yiuwingyip@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm keep a separate source code directory tree for all my junit test
> files. So in my build.xml I have
>
>  <target name="compiletest" depends="compile, init">
>   <javac srcdir="${test}" destdir="${build}">
>    <classpath refid="test.classpath"/>
>   </javac>
>  </target>
>
> My init target includes a <tstamp/> task.  When I run "compiletest"
> target, every files in the test source tree get compiled even they
> haven't been modified.  If I add a <tstamp/> inside the "compiletest"
> target, then I have pretty much the opposite effect, the test source
> files won't get compile when they have been changed.

I can't imagine what running <tstamp/>, whether from a separate target or
within your "compiletest" target, would have to do with what <javac> does,
since it just sets some properties to date/time values.

> In short, I'd like to have the modified test files compiled only.

See the FAQ entry:
  http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#always-recompiles
to make sure that's not the real issue.

Diane