ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: CVS Task + add command
Date Sat, 30 Mar 2002 00:40:17 GMT
--- Mike Lecza <mlecza@newnetco.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to tell the CVS task where to execute from?  I can only
> do a CVS add with the exec Task because when I try to use the cvs task I
> cannot specify the location to execute from.  The cvs add command must
> be fired from the location where the file exists (as far as I can tell).

You can specify a path relative from where you are. But, even so, I think
adding a dir to execute from would probably be a reasonable thing -- and I
think you could probably snip it from Peter's recently added
taskdefs/cvslib/ChangeLogTask.java (looks to be just the stuff to allow
for the attribute and then a one-liner to set the working directory). So,
if you want to put together a patch for Cvs.java and
docs/manual/CoreTasks/cvs.html ... :)

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)