ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <>
Subject RE: windoze absolute path messes up CLASSPATH setting
Date Fri, 29 Mar 2002 21:07:06 GMT
--- s b <> wrote:
> To the others whom responded (thanks):
> The problem is that the colon in the absolute path (c:\...) is one of
> the separators for the classpath setting in ant.  Thus if you use an
> absolute windows path in a classpath setting, it just doesn't pick up
> the value in the classpath (it seems to ignore it).  This is evidenced
> by running ant in -verbose mode and verifying that the absolute
> classpath entry is not picked up.  A relative classpath setting is.

Could you post the relevant parts of your build file and verbose output.
I'm on a Win* box, and I can use full paths in my classpath, separated
with colons without any problem -- the paths are all there, all the
foreslashes are changed to backslashes, and all the colons are changed to

Do You Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message