ant-user mailing list archives

From Ha...@Tesseract.Org
Subject Problem: Ant always compiles everything
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:01:20 GMT

I'm relatively new to Ant and am having a basic problem.  I have a project setup to build
my app.  Of course, I use the javac task to compile the files.  I specificy that all java
files under my current directory should be compiled.  From reading the docs, it looks like
it should only compile the files that are not up to date (i.e., the java file is newer than
the class file).

But this does not appear to be happening.  When I build the project, the output from ant indicates
that it is recompiling everything.  I had even considered the possibility that Ant might be
lying to me, that it might say its compiling everything but really only compiles the necessary
files.  But a quick glance at the class file dates has proven that incorrect.

Thanks,
Harry Culpan
Harry@Tesseract.Org