ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nascif A. Abousalh Neto" <nas...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject Failing build on attempted evaluation of undefined properties?
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:50:46 GMT
Hi,
	We are having problems with builds that do *not* fail when they use an undefined property
as part of a file or directory name.
	For example, if I'm copying files to a dir named "${my_out}/out", and the property "my_out
" is not defined, Ant actually creates a
dir called (literally) "${my_out}/out" under the current directory. Which is obviously not
the build file intention.
	Isn't there a way to cause Ant to fail the build when it fails to evaluate a variable in
a string substitution context ?

Regards,
	Nascif

PS: I know I can achive this result by using <fail> tasks with the unless modifiers;
but then I have to do it explicitly for every property I use. I don't want to do that.