ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Article: Building With Ant
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:46:21 GMT
Part 1 of my article, Building With Ant, has just been published on,,12065_989631,00.html

I'd love to hear your feedback!

Developing Web Applications using Java Servlets, JavaServer Pages, and
other J2EE buzzwords is fun! However, the more interesting your
application becomes, the more complicated your build process. In this
article, I will sketch out a framework for how to use simple tools
(like Ant and JUnit) and a simple directory structure to avoid many of
the common growing pains of application development.

(If you're clever, you can find drafts of parts 2 and 3 on my Web site
-- then your feedback might get published too... :-)

Alex Chaffee
jGuru - Java News and FAQs
Creator of Gamelan
Founder of Purple Technology