ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: How to incorporate "idlj" in my ANT xml ???
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 01:11:41 GMT
--- Greg Callaghan <greg_callaghan@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We're starting up with ANT here.  Part of the build process is to -:
>
> (1) create TEMP directory (will be deleted with CLEAN)
> (2) compile IDL from IDL to TEMP/SRC (using "idlj")
> (3) copy other source from SRC to TEMP/SRC
> (4) compile all source in TEMP to BUILD
>
> We of course we like to make the process cover not performing step 2
> unless idl files have changed, ideally on a per IDL file basis.

Have you considered the <apply> task?

Also, someone posted an IDL task to ant-user:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-user&m=99149977731115&w=2

And someone else posted one to ant-dev:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=100828878824193&w=2

And yet another:
  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ant-dev&m=86951893305573&w=2

Note: I've never used any of the posted tasks, nor do I recall seeing any
postings from anyone who has (other than the original authors), so whether
they work/do what you need is anyone's guess.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)