ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie gets OutOfMemoryError.
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2002 01:00:36 GMT
--- Hans Deragon <hans@deragon.biz> wrote:
> It fails again.  I have only 136 .java files to compile, but it
> fails.

That's not very many files, so I'm surprised you're even running into a
problem at all. (But maybe the way Java files get compiled, the number
doesn't matter?) Anyway...

> Running ant with -v -debug options shows that ant seams to
> ignore the javac options (I do not see any reference to fork for
> instance).

Are you sure? If you ran with both flags, that's an awful lot of output to
wade through. Try running just -verbose, and see if you see these two
lines:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Using external javac compiler

Also, did you try the ANT_OPTS approach instead, to just run Ant with more
memory from the get-go?

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)