ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Using Main-Class and Class-Path in a manifest file
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 23:24:24 GMT
--- "Hensley, Richard" <Richard.Hensley@McKesson.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> A vector solution would fix the problem I've been having. I am willing
> to code or test this change given direction.

I'm not saying you shouldn't necessarily make the change, but before you
go too far down that road...

To the original poster: I suspect the ordering in the manifest file is a
red herring.

If I create the jar with Ant, cd to dist, and run:

$ java -jar HelloWorld.jar

it barfs. But if I then extract the files, and re-run 'java -jar ...', it
works. If I then rm *.class, it still works. But if I rm lib/*.jar, it
barfs. So I'm thinking it's actually the log4j.jar file inside
HelloWorld.jar that's getting munged in some way that's the actual
problem.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)