ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Newbie gets OutOfMemoryError.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:33:06 GMT
--- Hans Deragon <hans@deragon.biz> wrote:
> I am a newbie and get the famous OutOfMemoryError.  I want to try to
> avoid breaking up the building sequence and have all the source
> compiled under one single easy target.
>
> I tried many options regarding the javac task, but I get the feeling
> that it does not help much.

You just kept bumping up against Catch-22's -- you can't use the
memory*Size attributes unless you use fork="true", and you can't use fork
and run the Jikes compiler :)

Try running Ant itself with more memory by setting the ANT_OPTS env var to
whatever the memory-increase flag is for the version of Java you're
running (eg., ANT_OPTS=-Xmx256m).

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)