ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Existing class file are not removed when the corresponding source file is removed
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 00:28:12 GMT
--- Gareth Thorburn <gareth.thorburn@db.com> wrote:
> >Write a "clean" target and call that reasonably frequently.
>
> I hope you are meaning a 'clean' target which goes through and deletes
> class files for which there is no longer a corresponding java source
> file.

How would envision that working, even if you could use something like,
say, <apply> (and I'm not saying whether you could or couldn't, since I
haven't thought it through, and I'm deep in HTML at the moment :), since
Java doesn't guarantee a one-to-one mapping of .java to .class files.

> I am trying to avoid the need to perform a full rebuild everytime
> I sync my project with the source repository.

That's exactly when I'd make sure I did do a "clean". I'll do incrementals
when I'm just working on source and recompiling what I'm working on, but
if I do a sync, I definitely want to start clean. Are you trying to avoid
one because your build takes a really long time? If it does, maybe we can
help you decrease the time instead.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)