ant-user mailing list archives

From e...@mind.net
Subject Re: Determine target's name
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 16:42:54 GMT
> I certainly cannot do justice to his scenario by explaining it myself, but
> the idea is that he wants to drop in sub-projects into his directory
> structure and have them "auto-detected" and incorporated into a master build
> routine automatically.  Drew, is this accurate?  Could you elaborate on your

I, for one, am always looking for ways to automate and auto-include things.  That is one
of the reasons for getting away from (n)make in the first place.

Along the same lines, it might be nice to have the same behavior for external tasks.
Imagine being able to point at a directory and say load all of them as taskdefs (ie: true
plugin-architecture).... That becomes a little more difficult if the classes are in a jar
instead of a directory -- but should still be possible.

So, I think, if we could ALLOW easy automation wherever possible, without requiring it, it
is a good thing.

Malachi, the PatternSet-FileSet-Mapper :)