ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: is there an API to get a build file from an instance of Project
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:54:31 GMT
I wrote a simple routine to grab information from XML files and build a
new XML file.
I did this by
1. Setting up a header in a new file
2. Grabbing XML info from existing files
3. Appending the XML info to this new file
4. Adding on a trailer to the new file

Java makes it really simple to grab all information between tags and
add new info.

It would, however, be a nice touch if ant could build new build files.

--Jim

--- Dimitriy Trifonov <d_trifonov@prosyst.bg> wrote:
> Hi all.
> I'm trying to use the ANT API to automatically generate or modify a
> build.xml
> I load the file in a Project, then add some Targets. Is the a way to
> get the new buld file without writing an iterator over the Project?
> Suppose that I have the following code :
>

> import org.apache.tools.ant.*;
> import java.io.File;
>
> public class TestANTProject {
>

>   private static String buildFile = "D:\\TestFiles\\aa\\build.xml";
>
>   public static void main(String[] arg) {
>     File file = new File(buildFile);
>     Project project = new Project();
>     project.init();
>     ProjectHelper.configureProject(project, file);
>     Target targ = new Target();
>     targ.setName("newTarget");
>     //add some tasks to targ
>     project.addTarget(targ);
>   }
>
> }
>
> Can I get the modified xml, or I have to add the new targets into the
> xml?
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Best Regards,
> Dima
>
> Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million
> people think you are?

> ProSyst Bulgaria LTD      Dimitriy Trifonov,
> 48 "Vladajska" Str.,         Project Manager
> 1606 Sofia, Bulgaria        Phone (+359 2) 952 35 82\123
> http://www.prosyst.com   mailto:d_trifonov@prosyst.bg

> Leading Software Technology for Open Service Gateways

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and
I am trusting himů"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)