ant-user mailing list archives

From James Bullington <shockr...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Existing class file are not removed when the corresponding source file isremoved
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 15:47:16 GMT
As a matter of practice, I always call clean when I do a build.  That
way,  you always have a standard starting point from which to test.  I
do mostly builds for Weblogic 6.1, and recompiling a list of files
takes a short amount of time compared to packaging the files into an
ear file for deployment.

--Jim

--- Jon Skeet <jon.skeet@peramon.com> wrote:
> > Scenario.
> >
> > 0. build project
> > 1. somefile.java is removed.
> > 2. build project again.
> >
> > In this case, the corresponding somefile.class is not removed.
> >
> > I have found the same behaviour also occurs when using the optional
> > depend target.
> >
> > Does anyone have any solutions ?
>
> Write a "clean" target and call that reasonably frequently.
>
> Jon
>
> --
> For additional commands, e-mail:

=====
"Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
This I declare of the Lord:  He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and
I am trusting himů"

Psalms 91:1-2 (New Living Translation)