ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <stev...@iseran.com>
Subject Re: ftp-ing only new files
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 18:10:58 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Denis McCarthy" <dmccarthy@omnipaygroup.com>
To: "Ant Users List" <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 3:04 AM
Subject: ftp-ing only new files

Hi there,
>I am using ant to build a java/jsp project on my local machine and ftp the
classes to a unix box remotely.
>At the moment each time I deploy the project, all files are ftp'd across,
regardless of whether they are
>newer than the ones on the unix box or not.
>I thought that if I set the "depends=yes" option in the ftp task, only
newer files would be transferred. >Unfortunately, all files are still ftp'd
each time.

it should work; certainly it works for me.

If the dest was a NT box I would have a solution, but nothing springs to
mind for your problem. Run in -debug and see if that provides more info,
otherwise you are going to have to debug ftp.