ant-user mailing list archives

From "Erik Hatcher" <jakarta-...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: clear log statements from project
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2002 10:46:27 GMT
Why not just use Log4j's config file and turn off logging that way?  Thats
the purpose of log4j anyway, to keep the statements in the code and have
them disabled at runtime.

But I believe using the latest <replaceregexp> task (in the nightly and CVS
versions) would do the trick you're asking.

    Erik

----- Original Message -----
From: "Liviu Rau" <Liviu.Rau@telemobil.ro>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2002 5:26 AM
Subject: clear log statements from project

Hello everyone !

I have a project I witch I want to do a lot of logging with log4j.
I decided to write all my logging statements like this :

//LOG4J
logger.debug("logging message");
//LOG4J

I want to do that because later, on deployment I will search for these
statements and try to remove them.
The question is : can I do that automatically with Ant ?

Thank you very much !

Liviu Rau