ant-user mailing list archives

From "Yiu Wing" <yiuwing...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tstamp Test Files
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2002 00:49:43 GMT
[...]
> > In short, I'd like to have the modified test files compiled only.
>
> See the FAQ entry:
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/faq.html#always-recompiles
> to make sure that's not the real issue.

Thanks for the response.  And I apologise for not checking the FAQ before
sending out my original email.

I have separated the normal source tree and the test source tree.  Here's
what they look like, src/foo/bar, test/foo/bar.  But I still have put all
the class files in build.  This was what the build directory look like
before

build---+
             | foo (classes for foo package)
             |test---+
                        | foo (classes for test.foo package)

           [figure 1.]

To stop ant compiling all the test files, the directory for test is now like

build---+
             | foo (classes for foo package)
             |test---+
                        |
                        |test---+
                                    | foo (classes for test.foo package)
           [figure 2.]

I've written some scripts that works nicely with the directory structure
like figure 1 (although it's only been nested one lever deeper, the work to
make the scripts play nicely with figure 2 is non-trivial).  So before I
start messing with those scripts again,  I'd like to know how you guys
normally place the test class files for a source tree like src/foo/bar,
test/foo/bar.  Can I keep figure 1's structure and compile only modified
files?

Thanks

Yiu Wing