ant-user mailing list archives

From "Magesh Umasankar" <umag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: JavaScript comment stripping Task
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 18:33:45 GMT
From: "Duncan Harris" <duncan@sapio.co.uk>

> > However I looked at the code for StripJavaComments
> > as an example and it is wrong, e.g. k=a/b converts to k=ab
>
> and it strips all the string and char literals... oops.
> Unless I'm missing the point here somehow?

I have now fixed the code in CVS.  It
should work as expected now.  The original
author of this filter (not me) had inserted
code that checked comments within strings, leading to
this problem.  I have redone the code now.  Things
should be ok - I will be patching a testcase also
to make sure it passes wierd situations.
Check it out now.  And thanks for reporting
it too...

> Duncan Harris

Cheers,
Magesh

* Politics is the gentle art of getting votes *
* from the poor and campaign funds from the   *
* rich, by promising to protect each from the *
* other. --- Oscar Ameringe                   *