ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mike Lecza" <mle...@newnetco.com>
Subject Ant- Sandboxes and Schemas
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2002 19:52:57 GMT
Perhaps this may not be a question specify about Ant itself (or maybe it
is) but there are certainly people in this group that know about release
management.

I wrote some scripts using Ant and CVS to help our dev team create local
Sandboxes that they can develop in.  Ant/CVS are great for this.  I use
the same scripts to deploy new code to the QA and production servers.

The outstanding issue that I have is incorporating Database changes into
this process.  Everyone has their own Postgres db in their sandbox.  I
know I can write sql scripts for adding new tables, fields, etc but part
of the beauty of Ant/CVS is that we can use it to roll back to any
version we may need to – this could be a nightmare where the db is
concerned though.

I am just wondering how people handle this sort of thing through an
automated process.  In the past it has been a manual thing for us.

Any input is welcome

Regards