ant-user mailing list archives

From "Otto Perdeck" <otto.perd...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: Running <exec> tasks asynchronously on UNIX also on Windows?
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:00:57 GMT
> I dont have any scripts that launch tasks asynchronously. Did I say
> something that implied that ?
>
> Bill.

Yes, you did so. Unless I mentioned the wrong Bill of course But anyway, I
already solved it, and also found the Windows workaround. If anyone else
needs it: search for "async" in the archives.

Following is part of a posting "Running <exec> tasks asynchronously on UNIX,
Bill Burton":

<start citation>

For some time, there have been requests for the ability to run executables
within the <exec> task without waiting for them to complete.  Ant doesn't
yet support this but there is are workarounds both for UNIX and Windows.

Below is a workaround for UNIX.  There is also a workaround for Windows in
the e-mail archives.  If people can't find it, I can re-post something.

-Bill