ant-user mailing list archives

From "Donal Quinlan" <do...@savvion.com>
Subject Re: Existing class file are not removed when the corresponding source file is removed
Date Sat, 02 Mar 2002 01:28:16 GMT
> I wouldnt recommend mixing generated and valued files this way; too risky
I wouldn't either. I didn't get to work on the design, just the job of
providing a robust efficient build environment.
If I could change this, I would.

> > Here's an example on how we use it.
> >
> >   <target name="cleanjsp">
> >     <deleteAssociated Filetype=".java" verbose="true">
> >       <fileset dir="${webui.dir}/jsp" includes="**/*.jsp"/>
> >     </deleteAssociated>
> >   </target>
>
> How do you deal with the fact that any jsp page named after a reserved
word,
> or with something like a space in it gets renamed?
Simple. We have a naming convention for our jsp's. We also don't allow files
to be checked in to CVS with spaces etc. in the file name. It can screw up
so many different things in so many different ways.

Donal