ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Jensen" <JJEN...@agribank.com>
Subject RE: ANT Capability
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 19:44:48 GMT
Is there a reason for supplying a manually-maintained file containing a
list of files to compile?

If not, perhaps there is a misunderstanding of one of the powers of
Ant.  That file is not required for Ant to compile the files.  Ant
automatically works on sets of files in a file set or directory
structure.

A <javac> task can be very simple.  For example, this <javac> task:

    <javac destdir="${build.dev.class.dir}"
           debug="true"
           deprecation="true">
      <src path="${src.code.src.dir}" />
      <src path="${src.code.test.dir}" />
    </javac>

compiles all code in the directory (and subdirectories) specified by
each <src>.

Unless I misinterpret your emails, that is the feature you are looking
for, but just don't know it is built in.

May I suggest reviewing the Ant docs more, particularly the <javac>
task and the examples in the "Using Ant" topic.

If I misunderstand, apologies in advance, and I suggest to get
something compiling first and then work on excluding any files from
compiling if necessary.

>>> VAtluri@citco.com 02/28/02 12:57PM >>>
Diane,

So - All i have to is

Define a property for bean.txt

<property name="JList" value="${cfnDir}\bean.txt" />

I guess it my lack of unserstanding of how javac works - Doesnt it
expect
java file to be in the 'srcdir' rather than a txt file - Or does it
know
that it should read from the txt

Currently i specify javac
srcdir=\cfn\sicav\citco\java\com\citco\cfn\sicav\bean -

Is this what i would do ?
     <target name="compile" depends="init">
             <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
             <javac srcdir="${JList}" destdir="${buildCfn}"
     </target>

As for the below - How would this work - Again - javac would expect
java
files. Correct ?

     <target name="compile" depends="init">
             <!-- Compile the java code from ${src} into ${build} -->
             <javac srcdir="${srcDir}" destdir="${buildCfn}"
		  includesfile name="d:\scripts\cfn\bean.txt" />
     </target>