ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeff Vincent" <JVINC...@novell.com>
Subject Re: help - uptodate task clarification needed please.
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 03:09:42 GMT
ACK!!  — Thank you.  I really need more sleep.

>>> holtdl@yahoo.com 02/21/02 07:42PM >>>
--- Jeff Vincent <JVINCENT@novell.com> wrote:
> <target name="isUpToDate">
>          <uptodate property="buildLexer"
> targetfile="gensrc/Lexer.java">
>             <srcfiles dir="." includesfile="Lexer.g"/>
>         </uptodate>
> </target>

You do have them backwards -- you also have the wrong attribute
('includesfile' is used to point to a file that contains a list of
[possibly patterned] filenames).

Try:
  <target name="isUpToDate">
    <uptodate property="buildLexer" targetfile="Lexer.g">
      <srcfiles dir="gensrc" includes="Lexer.java"/>
    </uptodate>
    <echo message="buildLexer = ${buildLexer}"/>
  </target>

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)