ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey Jensen" <JJEN...@agribank.com>
Subject <fail> very minor issue.
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 22:22:59 GMT
I noticed behavior that seems incorrect with fail, however in a very
minor way (I leave it to the experts to determine and change!):

<fail/>
works as advertised - displays "<path><buildfile>:<line#>: No
message".

<fail message="The fail message."/>
works as advertised - displays "<path><buildfile>:<line#>: The fail
message".

<fail>
  The fail message.
</fail>
basically works as advertized, but with a twist: because "message=" has
no value, the word null displays in its place - displays:
<path><buildfile>:<line#>: null
  The fail message.

<fail message="">
  The fail message.
</fail>
works as advertised and prevents display of the null word.

Again this is very minor.  I mention it because those with less
expertise are thrown by the null word in the error message (a Red
Herring!  and it was an accidental pun!).

Thanks for an awesome product!!