ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClassCastException DefaultLogger
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 15:29:32 GMT
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Mark Kurley <MKurley@p21.com> wrote:

> java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.tools.ant.DefaultLogger
>         at
>         org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant.initializeProject(Ant.java:142)

Very strange.

This is line 142 of Ant.java that has become part of Ant 1.4.1:

            newProject.addBuildListener((BuildListener)listeners.elementAt(i));

As you don't specify a custom logger, DefaultLogger is the very first
element of the listeners collection and it is a BuildListener, I don't
understand where this exception could come from.

Do you get the same exception with some very easy setup that performs
an <ant> task - which you seem to be doing here.

Something like

<project default="call">
  <target name="call">
    <ant dir="." antfile="${ant.file}" target="sub" />
  </target>
  <target name="sub">
    <echo message="I'm there" />
  </target>