ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Where is Antidote? - try emacs for now
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:40:42 GMT
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Phil Surette <psurette@espial.com> wrote:
> From: Stefan Bodewig [mailto:bodewig@apache.org]

>>having an option that makes all attributes plain CDATA would be the
>>only fix - but you'd loose a lot here.
>
> What about literally adding '${taskname.attributename}' as a valid
> value for all attributes?

This would help if all people used the same conventions.  At my place
we use "debug" to mean javac.debug and rmic.debug at the same time for
example.

> I'm not a DTD expert... can you do something like this:
> <!ATTLIST javac
> 	debug %boolean | "${javac.debug}"; #IMPLIED
> etc.>
>
> (the above does not work directly, I don't know how to
> escape dollar signs and curly braces in DTDs)

No, you can't.  The individual items of enumerated attributes in DTDs
have to follow the "NMTOKEN production", which means they must not use
any character except those listed at
<http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210#NT-NameChar>.  $, { and }
are not legal, so the only thing you can do is to relax the attribute
to be of type CDATA.

> You need to set up a catalog and add the DTD decl to the top of your
> ant build files to get emacs to start doing work for you.

I know, I'm doing so for our inhouse documentation (using DocBook),
thanks

Stefan