ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AntClassLoader leads to ClassCastException
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 14:06:00 GMT
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Gurdev Parmar <gparmar@versant.com> wrote:

> You seem to be the only person interested in sorting out ClassLoader
> stuff :)

I've made myself the victim 8-)

> I agree, I was using forceLoadClass in my original code.

If you don't longer do so, please show your latest code and the latest
-debug log.

> It doesn't make much difference, anyways. Right? Because the parent
> classloader doesn't have TestClient and TestEjbSelect classes.

In this case it shouldn't make any difference, only that they give
different results in the log.

> I am not instantiating two instances of AntClassLoader as you
> had pointed out.

At least you are loading TestClient twice (your log file says so).

> I create one instance in execute() and call createDynamically() from
> there.

Are you sure that execute doesn't get called more than once?

If you do "ant A B" and both A and B depend on target C, then C will
be run twice and the task instances for task in C will get reused.

Stefan