ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: clarification
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 09:15:19 GMT
On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Stephen Huey <> wrote:

> With the include attribute on javac, we've sometimes
> tried to tell it to specifically include the
> in hopes that it would then go and
> try to compile only those files that the project
> depended on.

It will do so if the source for the file you name is newer than the
compiled class - as it will always only pass the file names of sources
that are newer than the corresponding class files to javac.

If the compiler you use is smart enough to recompile all classes that
have to be recompiled if you hand it a single source, your approach
may work, but you are trying to use <javac> in a way that it hasn't
been designed for.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message