ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Critique my optional file copy target, please?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 16:08:41 GMT
On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Scott Ellsworth <scott@alodar.com> wrote:

> I cannot avoid a copy with the old layout, I believe, if I want
> javac to only compile the sources I tell it to, and not others in
> the same com tree.

If you can copy them into a new location in a single copy task,
chances are quite good that you can also compile them in a single
javac task - I may be wrong.

> A copy files task is needed with the old layout to prevent "why does
> ant recompile all of my source files" and to prevent it from finding
> classes I do not want it to.

OK, I understand, the first one is the important reason - the later
should be solvable by exclude elements.  But you have no other choice
anyway.

Well, then I think your approach is the best possible one, yes - copy
the sources into a structure that fits Ant's requirements and go ahead
from there.

Stefan