ant-user mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@einsurance.de>
Subject Re: newbie ant user: creating a skeleton build.xml?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 18:00:17 GMT
On Tuesday 05 February 2002 18:47 pm, Steve wrote:
> > The bit about adding the filenames to the file - but i must admit that i
> am *assuming* that that's part of the process (i was weened on make,
>> so my mind-set is probably a bit broken when it comes to ant).
>> i'd be happy to be  wrong!
>
> you're wrong :)

Thank goodness! ;)

> you just need all your classes in a directory tree which matches your app,
> say de.einsurance.myproject.{model,view,controller}
>
> point ant at the tree and all your files get dealt with automatically.

whew! i was not looking forward to maintaing a list of files which changes
every day.

> Unless you really want to list every file by name.

Not particularly. i'm used to make constructs like this:
CLASSES := $(patsubst %.java,%,$(wildcard *.java))

> Same for classpath import, "*.jar" adds all jar files in a directory to the
> classpath, which is often useful during compilation too, though a more
> rigorous dev process does tend to name each jar they use instead.

Yeah, we've found the hard way that we have to reference jars by name, due to
different versions used in different products :/.

Thanks very much for your tips! i think i can take it from there! i was
overcomplicating the whole matter, still thinking in terms of one makefile
per subdir.

see ya!

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
This email is encrypted with ROT26 encoding. Decoding it
is in violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.