ant-user mailing list archives

From stephan beal <step...@einsurance.de>
Subject Re: newbie ant user: creating a skeleton build.xml?
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2002 17:34:03 GMT
On Tuesday 05 February 2002 18:28 pm, Jon Skeet wrote:
> > i'm a complete newbie to ant, but not a newbie user. i've
> > just been given the
> > task (no pun intented) of converting our company's make-based
> > builds into ant
> > (~2500 classes in 500-some-odd packages). i've searched high
> > and low and can
> > find no tool for generating a skeleton build.xml for an existing dir
> > structure.
>
> Why should you need to? If your existing directory structure is
> appropriate, you can have one short build file that builds everything.
>
> Which bit did you expect to be complicated?

The bit about adding the filenames to the file - but i must admit that i am
*assuming* that that's part of the process (i was weened on make, so my
mind-set is probably a bit broken when it comes to ant). i'd be happy to be
wrong!

Thanks for the quick response!

----- stephan
Generic Universal Computer Guy
stephan@einsurance.de - http://www.einsurance.de
Office: +49 (89)  552 92 862 Handy:  +49 (179) 211 97 67
This email is encrypted with ROT26 encoding. Decoding it
is in violation of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.