ant-user mailing list archives

From "Mark Griffiths" <m...@chive.com>
Subject RE: [ANN] Tidy Imports (Tim) utility with Ant integration
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 18:01:08 GMT
Stephane Bailliez wrote:

> FYI importscrubber ( http://importscrubber.sourceforge.net/ )
> does the same (AFAIK) and has been donated to Jakarta. It now
> resides in the promising Maven (jakarta-turbine-maven)

Hi!

Just FYI also, the major differences between the two are:
o ImportScrubber is free software :) whereas Tim costs a few $
o ImportScrubber has a GUI in addition to command-line and Ant interfaces.
o Tim parses source code rather than requiring up-to-date .class files[1].
o Tim allows imports to be collapsed according to a configurable threshold.

That's the only major ones I can think of :)

--
Mark Griffiths
mailto:mark@chive.com

[1] This means that Tim does not hava problems with inlined static final
constants as described here
http://importscrubber.sourceforge.net/limitations.html