ant-user mailing list archives

From joseph.chand...@franke.com
Subject Jar and Class size?
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:04:25 GMT
Hi,

The jar file produced by Ant 1.4.1 is roughly 500KB smaller than the one
produced by 1.3.  I am using the same build.xml so I figure that there just
be a default option somewhere that Ant is using for the compression on the
jar.  However, I'm now thinking that it must be something else that is
different because the actual build directory that contained the class files
before the jar was created differed in size by about an entire meg.  The
same amount of files were checked out; yet, the size of this directory
differed.  Both versions of ANT were set to use JAVA_HOME which was
jdk1.3.0_02

Debug and optimize are both off in my build.xml but those are the only two
things that I can think that would alter class file size since the jdk is
the same.  Could this be overridden in the Ant defaults somehow?

In any case, I don't see anything wrong with the Jar but my Boss doesn't
want me to upgrade until I can explain why the difference exists :)

If anyone knows, I'd love to hear why. :-)

Thanks!
______________________________
Joseph Chandler
Software Engineer