ant-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: jar MANIFEST.MF
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:56:07 GMT

When a jar file needs to contain a manifest with particular content,
we archive a copy of that manifest under source control, and then
use the "manifest" tag in the <jar> task to tell ANT to use that
particular manifest when creating the jar file.

Hope this helps.

                    Thomas Wabner
                    <twabner@imn.htwk-l       To:     "'Ant Users List'" <>
          >                cc:
                    Sent by:                  Subject:     jar MANIFEST.MF
                    02/11/2002 05:18 AM
                    Please respond to
                    "Ant Users List"

I'am new on this list and have first one

Is there a posibillity to use the ant builtin
"jar" command to say the jar there ist one Main-class

Normal the way is to step following commands in the shell:
 1. create a txt file <maintxt> and put following code inside:
Main-Class: myMainClass
 2. run the jar command like follow: > jar -cmf maintxt app.jar

Now you have an jar that you can use with > java -jar app.jar
and the java runs the application with the main class myMainClass

I don't found a way to say this in build.xml and i will NOT
use the exec command.

Any Ideas?

Thanks and greating

Thomas Wabner