ant-user mailing list archives

From David_DeL...@oti.com
Subject Problem with nulls
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 15:16:37 GMT
I have encountered a problem lately and would like to know if anyone else
has seen it, and if there is a resolution.  I'm using Ant 1.3, not the
current release.

When I unzip a set of files using Ant, I get some files that have a bunch
of nulls (and sometime hex garbage) tacked on the end.  If I unzip the
files by hand, I don't see this problem.  I caught the problem because all
the makefiles were hit and the compile/build process complained to no end.

Once I got that all cleaned up, I run another target in the script when
copies a subset of the files into a different directory tree.  One
directory contains a bunch of header files.  All of these files had ONE
null appended to the end.

Since I can do all these actions using regular Windows 2000 tools, the
finger is pointing at Ant right now, for appending the nulls.  However, I
need a bit more information to figure out why and how to fix it.  Any help
would be appreciated.

David