ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>
Subject RE: exec on windows NT
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 23:33:22 GMT
> From: Bevan Arps [mailto:bevan.arps@actfs.co.nz]
>
> The problem here is that .bat files aren't actually executable - they're
> "scripts" that need to be run by command.com (Win 9.x/ME) or cmd.com
> (NT/2000/XP).

You can "execute" a batch file if you specify the full name of the batch
file - i.e. "ant.bat". The real problem is that the underlying VM's
Runtime.exec code uses CreateProcess rather than ShellExecute (I'm a bit
rusty on Windows stuff these days). Anyway, this also means that things like
Perl scripts cannot be executed because they rely on the command shell to
provide the "file extension to command processor" mapping.

If you set vmlauncher to false, Ant will actually execute the command using
an external shell, which is pretty much the same effect that you specify
below.

> I forget the exact syntax, but you need to execute a commandline
> something
> like this:
>
> cmd /c ant.bat

Conor