ant-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Stern <cst...@safenetconsulting.com>
Subject RE: junitreport classpath problem
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2002 15:11:38 GMT
Hello,

I thought you only needed the xalan.jar to get junitreport to work (at least
on my system that's all I have and it works fine).  Also, I don't have
xalan.jar in my %ANT_HOME%/lib dir, just the crimson.jar, optional.jar, and
ant.jar.  I have a script that sets xalan.jar in my classpath prior to
running ant.  I think (not totally sure here) that ant will place jars that
are in it's lib dir first in the classpath and then append the rest of your
existing classpath afterwards.  This way, crimson.jar is still found first.

HTH,
Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Watkins [mailto:tom.watkins@shazamteam.com]
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2002 4:20 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: junitreport classpath problem

Hi,

I am having problems with the junitreport task.
I put xerces.jar and xalan.jar in the %ANT_HOME%/lib dir and this allows the
junitreport task to run fine.
However, with these 2 files in the %ANT_HOME%/lib dir when I try and run my
ejbjar task i get the following SaxException

"SAXException while parsing 'ShazamEJB.ejb-jar.xml'. This probably indicates
badly-formed XML.  Details: The encoding "Cp1252" is not supported."

I assume this means that xerces.jar is overriding crimson.jar and causing
problems but I dont know what to do about it.

Is there any way of putting xerces.jar in the ant classpath at runtime when
the task is called (eg. ant doctest -classpath xerces.jar)?

Any help very much appreciated

Tom