ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ylan Segal" <>
Subject RE: Compiling files 1 at a time
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:31:50 GMT
> Personally I find that the normal compiler is fine these days -
> it's so much faster than it was, there's not *that* much
> difference between it and jikes now.

Really? I have been a very happy man since I installed jikes on both my
linux and my windows box.

In windows, a build that takes 14 seconds to compile with the modern
compiler, takes only 6 seconds with jikes. (192 source files).

The same thing under linux (much slower machine), takes 29 seconds with the
modern compiler, and 9 with jikes.

For me, that performance improvement is worth it.

As for the bugs in jikes or modern compiler, I have not encountered any and
I notice no difference whatsoever in the bytecode produced.

Just my two cents.

Ylan Segal.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>